“Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still.”
Some Important Stuff:
- Please be on time.
Late = 10 minute lunch detention. A no-show results in a full-lunch detention. Additional no-show results in a referral to admin and a Wednesday detention.
- Please come prepared to learn, with the proper tools for learning. Students will not be permitted to go to their lockers if items are forgotten.
- Please go to the bathroom/drink water before or after class (you are permitted to bring a water-bottle, but no food).
- Conversational Etiquette: Please don't interrupt, Listen more than you speak, Think before you speak, & Take your turn.
- Headphones. Music is exceptionally important, but not more important than what you are to learn when your are in our classroom. Please take them out of your ears when you enter the room. They can be used while working, with permission.
- Hats: can be worn...as a courtesy I need to see your face.
- Please speak in class as though you were speaking to adults (polite, appropriate language), and not your friends (sometimes polite, often with inappropriate language).
- Please treat the items in the class better than if they were a cherished item that belonged to you.
- Cellphones will be placed in the Cell Tower upon entering the classroom. There is a charger available to students.
- Cellphone and Computers will both be used in class. Students will sign and adhere to a technology policy, failure to do so may result in the removal of these privileges in class. It may also result in the device being taken for the remainder of the school day, or longer if deemed necessary by admin.
- All assignments will be handed-in.
Some Other Important Stuff:
Students will abide by the school’s BYOD policy and that:
- Use the department’s Wi-Fi network for learning.
- Please put away headphones/music devices during class time. When appropriate, I may permit their use.
- Use my device during school activities at the direction of the teacher.
- Will not attach any school-owned equipment to my mobile device without the permission of the school.
- Will stay safe by not giving my personal information to strangers.
- Will not hack or bypass any hardware and software security implemented by the department or my school.
- Will not use my own device to knowingly search for, link to, access or send anything that is offensive, pornographic, threatening, abusive, defamatory, or considered to be bullying.
- Will report inappropriate behaviour and inappropriate material to my teacher.
- Acknowledges that the school cannot be held responsible for any damage to, or theft of my device.
"The real measure of your wealth is how much you'd be worth if you lost all your money."